"Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one." ~ Ephesians 6:16 (NKJV)
Our world is a land-mine for the uninformed. Ponzi's, fraud, identity theft, and skimmers have left many to ruin or, at best, living the rest of their days in recovery. Add to the war-zone, in which we live, hate, violence, and disease, and you have a world full of desperate and vulnerable people that need the Truth!
Have you ever thought about the schemes of our greatest Enemy? What is Satan's Number One Attack against humanity?
Fear? Addiction? Sadness? All of these are undoubtedly effective, if not dealt with through the weapons provided us by God's power and promises. But there is one scheme that outranks them all: doubt.
If the enemy succeeds in causing you to doubt God, he has disarmed your entire life! Confusion, chaos, and calamity inhabit the place where faith in God is absent. Not only that, but our enemy understands our divine design. He knows that without faith we cannot know God, please God, or live in God's plans and purposes. (Hebrews 11:6)
Consider this question: Where would you be without faith in God? What are we to do in such a volatile world without a Savior? A faithless, doubt-drenched world is the hopeful agenda of "the great dragon who was cast out, that serpent of old called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." (Revelation 12:9)
Here's the progression of Satan's attempts, targeting us in his scheme of doubt:
1st attempt: Doubt God's existence. Afterall, if God doesn't exist, then there is no Savior! If he is unsuccessful at this stage, he moves to his 2nd attempt.
2nd attempt: Doubt God's power. "Ok. So, God exists. But He's weak! He's old. He's irrelevant! His power is no match for mine!" If your enemy is unsuccessful at this stage, he moves to his 3rd attempt.
3rd attempt: Doubt God's goodness. "So, God is powerful. Yes, but He's a tyrant! He uses His power to hurt humanity and doesn't help you! Just look at the conditions of this world!"
4th attempt: Doubt God's will. "Ok, so God is powerful and good; just not to you! His goodness is for others, but His plan for you is to suffer. He's punishing you for your sins!"
5th attempt: Doubt God's abilities. "Ok, so God exists. He is powerful, and He is good. He wants to help you but He can't. He is simply a distant Being that can only help you in heaven." If he is unsuccessful at this stage, he moves to his 6th attempt.
6th attempt: Doubt God's faithfulness. "Yes, God is good, and He can help you. But, He's unreliable. You never know what He will or will not do! He is not trustworthy!"
For anyone who has not received the Truth, your enemy will do all that he can to entrap you, at some level, of doubting God! Rout out the "Father of Lies" from your mind and your life! Here are a few truths that can refresh your grip on your Shield of Faith:
- God's Existence: "For ever since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power, and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through His workmanship [all His creation, the wonderful things that He has made], so that they [who fail to believe and trust in Him] are without excuse and without defense." (Romans 1:20, Amplified)
- God's power: "For all power belongs to God, now and forever. Amen." (1 Peter 5:11, The Voice)
- God's goodness: "Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of lights [the Creator and Sustainer of the heavens], in whom there is no variation [no rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [for He is perfect and never changes]." (James 1:17, Amplified) And, "He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6)
- God's will: "For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11, Amplified)
- God's abilities: "Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us." (Ephesians 3:20, Amplified)
- God's faithfulness: "It is because of the Lord’s lovingkindness that we are not consumed because His [tender] compassions never fail. They are new every morning;
great and beyond measure is Your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23, Amplified)
"Father in Heaven, I believe that You, alone, are God! All power, all might, all dominion and all glory belong to You! You are good, and your mercies endure forever and forever. Father, I believe that you love me and that you are for me. In this moment of faith, I cast all of my cares upon you, confident that you care for me, protect me and empower me; for Your plans and purposes to be revealed and fulfilled in my life, my family and my future! All of this, I pray by faith, in Jesus' great name. Amen!"
Pastor Art's New Sunday Morning Series:
You can stay connected to SDCWC easier than ever before! Download our APP to enjoy: Sermons, Upcoming Events, Social Connections, Blogs, Giving and more!
Click to download today! Or search your App Store for SDCWC and download for FREE!